- 2 cups coconut cream
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 4 tbsp red curry paste [link]
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp palm sugar
- 8 lime leaves, stems removed and thinly slivered
- 1 lb marinating flank steak, cut, against the grain, into thin 1" long slices
- 15 snake beans, cut into 1" pieces
- 1 cup sliced bamboo shoots
- 1 green pepper, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 1 1/2 red, orange, or yellow peppers in some combination, cut into 3/4" cubes
- 30 Thai basil leaves
In a wok over high heat, warm the coconut cream. Bring to a rolling boil, stirring constantly, until either the oil of the coconut separates or the mixture becomes thick. Add the curry paste and stir for one minute. Follow with the fish sauce, the palm sugar, and the limes leaves. Stir and cook one minute, mixing in some coconut milk if the mixture overthickens. Add the coconut milk, return to a boil, and cook one more minute until thick again.
Reduce heat to medium high, add the beef, cook for two minute, and then stir in the snake beans and the bamboo shoots. Cook for an additional two minutes. Finally, add the peppers and the basil, and cook for one more minute.
Serve immediately with jasmine rice.